Today I was photographing the sort of place that forms the bulk of my subject matter, the concrete heaven that is St James’ Shopping Centre in Edinburgh. Whilst I was getting terribly excited by the super abundance of fading concrete grandeur, a small but stocky security guy complete with serious-looking earpiece emerges from nowhere and swaggers over to me.
– Excuse me.
– Why are you taking photographs?
– Because I’m a photographer.
Thought I might confuse him with a bold statement of fact.
– You can’t take photographs here. Who gave you permission?
– Nobody. It’s the law of the land. I can take photographs in a public place.
Clearly not keen to get into a debate, he turned to go away.
I called after him.
– Sorry, I would just like to make sure I fully comply with any of your regulations.
I admit I was being a little sarcastic here.
– You can’t take pictures here without the authority of the marketing department. You can ask them and they can give you permission.
– Um, no. I will be taking photographs. I do not need permission.
With that, he disappeared.
It seems I am clearly not alone in incurring the wrath of bored security guards. One Twitter chum has had similar experiences at Buchanan Galleries in Glasgow.
It will be interesting to see if I get reprimanded again next time I visit the St James’ Centre. For I will return! Far too many wonderful concrete facades begging to be captured.
Anyway, today’s photograph is dedicated to excitable shopping centre security guards everywhere.
Let’s find answers to several questions about the matter. Variant drugs are used to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, such as tremors. The preparation is used together with other drugs to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. The most common sexual problems in men are erectile dysfunction and ejaculation disorders. Below are some basic steps about “generic cialis reviews “. Nowadays many users search for the exact phrase “is there a generic cialis ” on the Internet. Other question we have to is “cialis generic name “. Sexual problems mostly signal serious diseases: genital infection or erectile dysfunction may hide a earnest health problem such as diabetes. Any medicament may cause dangerous side effects. For some people side effects can be actually serious. Follow all directions on your prescription label.